Skill Level: Beginner
What You'll Need
- FloraCraft® Foam:
- Balls: (6) 1”, (3) 1.5”, (2) 2”, 4” and 5”
- Yarn: Pink, Variegated Blue and Black
- Chenille Stems: Purple
- Craft Foam Sheets: Pink and Green
- Wiggle Eyes
- Make It: Fun® Foam Cutter or Serrated Knife
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Cut the 2” balls and the 1” balls in half using the foam cutter. To create the feet glue three 1” half balls side by side to the front of a 2” half ball. Repeat to create all four feet. Paint the feet purple and set aside to dry.
- Wrap the 4” and 5” balls completely with yarn. Glue one end of the yarn in place on the ball and wrap every which way until covered. Glue the end again where you stop.
- Cut lengths of chenille stems for arms. Twist a shorter piece of chenille stem to one end of each arm for the fingers. Glue one end of the yarn to the end of the stem and wrap around to completely cover the arms in yarn. Glue the arms in place on each side of the large monster.
- Cut the pink and the green foam sheets to fit the bottom of the foam feet, leave about a ¼” frame around as shown. Glue the foam sheet to the foam feet. Glue a toothpick into the top of the feet and insert the other end into the monster body. Add glue in between to secure.
- Cut one 1.5” ball in half. Glue a wiggle eye to the cut side of the ½ balls. Cut 1” lengths of purple chenille stems for eyelashes and insert them into the tops of the eyes. Glue the eyes onto toothpicks and insert the eyes in place on the smaller monster. Glue a wiggle eye to the center of the two 1.5” balls. Glue a toothpick into each eye and insert the eyes in place on the other monster. Glue lengths of black yarn on top of the eyes for eyebrows.
- Glue lengths of black yarn to the face for the mouths.